The Caulfield Cup Carnival was another success, with the amount of attendees as well as the turnout for the Fashions on the Field competition. With so many beautiful ladies parading in such beautiful outfits, it must have been a tough job for those judges! The chosen winner of the Stylish Ladies 18-40 was Rebecca Sargent, wearing a divine broderie anglaise summer dress from Zimmermnan and a complimenting headpiece from the Two Mrs. Grenvilles.
The Stylish Ladies over 40 competition was taken out by Fashions on the Field regular, Jenny Beard. Jenny went for an outfit which was reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn style. The simple, classic cream dress and wide-brimmed hat with black trim (by Jill and Jack Millinery) was a winning combination.
Lace in different forms was popular as well as dainty crowns and headwear. Classic will always be a winning look with the fashionistas and it was nice to see that hemlines were kept to a very modest length. The midriff baring didn’t follow through from last year.
Fashion tips for the Spring Racing Carnival:
- Be yourself and pick a style which suits your personality instead of following the pack.
- Don’t use the same fabric of your dress for your hat! It looks a little too ‘matchy matchy’.
- Keep hemlines and bust lines modest. It just looks classier.
- Go classic or check out the current trends to see what’s great to wear now.
- Minimal luxe is really fashionable. That’s monochrome classics styles in luxurious looking fabrics.
- Racing Fashion trends? Get your style
- Wear an amazing headpiece. It’s a great conversation starter.
- Have fun! Your outfit looks so much better when you’re confident in it.(You find tips how to win the fashions on the field here).
Enjoy the Spring Carnival of racing responsibly! We’ve already seen two beautiful young ladies being wheeled out of the racecourse in a wheelchairs by paramedics!
Dress to impress and you may get snapped up by us! Have a look at the gallery above … and here are some more snaps … over 130 photos!