It’s a romantic texture which stays timeless and puts it’s wearer into a romantic state of mind. Lace in any colour will do it for me, but white is probably my favourite – especially for summer! There’s so many lace pieces out and it’s been quite popular for the last few seasons. Labels such as Self-Portrait and Lover The Label are continually creating amazing dresses, but you don’t have to spend a small fortune to satisfy your lace fetish. There are lots of beautiful lace garments out there which are super affordable, like the one I’m wearing.
Lace in Fashion
Lace is great for day or night. Some garments are actually more suitable for daytime wearing, especially the lighter coloured pieces. There’s no hard rules when it comes to wearing lace. Here are some of my guidelines when wearing lace.
- Most lace garments are appropriate for day or night time wear, depending on the style and length of the garment. Of course you’d want to avoid red lace for a day event, unless you’re out to be the centre of attention! Pastel coloured lace pieces are great for daytime and can be bland at night.
- Higher priced pieces are generally of better quality lace, but not necessarily that much better of something which is half the price.
- Choose something age appropriate. Not all lace garments look good at every age.
- Don’t wear white lace as a wedding guest! It’s just not cool to compete with the bride.
- Make sure you wear a slip underneath, unless you’re a bit of an extrovert – in which case, wear nice underwear which will be showing through!
We’ve recently arrived back from a very cold European winter holiday and I just couldn’t wait to wear some of my summer dresses! This lacy number is a new addition to my wardrobe and it’s perfect for Melbourne’s climate and some of the amazing events which fill up Melbourne’s calendar. The summer racing season isn’t quite over yet and I’m sure there’s a few more warm nights where I’ll venture into the city for some fun in my summery pieces – including my lacy outfits!
Dress and shoes: Boohoo
Sunglasses: Max Mara